APC would be my brand of choice.  I have a 1200VA model on my desktop machine
and a 3500VA in the rack for my server, RAID, router and switch.

Run time is dictated by load and battery capacity.  If you're going to err, go
on the high side.

You can find a 1000VA or 1200VA model for a little over $100 if you shop
around.  The larger and more expensive models are better in the long run as
well, because the cost to replace batteries is far less relative to the total
cost of the unit.  Tough to justify spending $40 for batteries on a $75 UPS.

Dan