I've watched these engine searches since this group was run out of Canada and don't remember anyone finding a decent engine by looking for an engine. I do remember a number of people who found a decent engine by buying a clunker with a running engine and then taking the rest of the car to the crusher. Offer Rusty or others a reasonable "finders fee" and you might find what you're looking for.
Gerry

> "G. M. Brown" wrote:
> Since I'm now considering more reliable sources for a
> replacement engine for my '85 300TD, what is the group's
> opinion of Adsit? TIA.

buymbpa...@gmail.com wrote:
Run to Rusty. He makes mistakes, but he tries to fix them.
He's only done Mercedes parts for 36 years, just a baby. Plus
he has a family to feed, keep him in mind.

Ah.  Rusty's _the_ place to get new parts.
But a replacement OM617 engine???
--   Philip