On 07/08/2012 10:55 PM, clay monroe wrote:
My Indy is GOD!!!!

Frosch suffered a massive death due to idiot owner who made the wire harness go
up in smoke.  Indy got the car last week and had to order the harness from the
Fatherland.  Black Forest Elves grabbed Rumplestiltskin and have him weave the
thing for Mercedes.

I got a call late this afternoon that he needs the lift for other work.  He
pushed through today and got her back running well.  Sort of fried more than we
had thought.  I had the alternator from Gump that got rebuilt, so he installed
that.    It has not that same pin out location as what was destroyed in Frosch.
 We had to get a new battery as well.  A few toasted wires not in the harness
need attention.  Temp gauge is pegged, so that wire needs attention.  Cooked
some of the vac lines, and I will need to chase that down.  Tach used to be
pegged out, but now does not register.

Indy told me he had to quit chasing gremlins, or he would needlessly rack up a
huge bill.  As it was, idiot tax was only $1200.  I am going to reduce my under
hood wrenching to less destructive tasks.  Hood pad, fluid and filters,
spiffing up the engine bay.  Real wrenching will get sent to the shop.  Dang
thermostat should have been a $100 task, including parts.  I had the same poor
performance wrenching with Gump, and ended up paying $1k's to remedy the
stupidity I subjected her to.    Clutch, water pump, brakes, starter and
alternator, oil pump, valves.  That darn Gump was dirt cheap to get, but
rectifying the screw ups I subjected her to cost me thousands $$$$.

I have a few days to wash and wax to get her ready for the local show and shine
this weekend

clay

I have forgotten. How did you manage to inflict harm?

I think you need to consider it a learning experience which you obviously have, but I don't think you should give up on doing things yourself.

Randy