I sitll have the '63 Lugwig Super Sensitive 5" snare drum in the original
case, with the original heads. I wanted to get rid of it when we moved last
year, but the wife and kids nixed the idea. It's still just taking up
space, but in the hanger instead of the attic now.

In the ISUCFMB, in the days before the ISUCF"V"MB we had a bunch of lewd songs and and stories, and one was about the Ludwig Drum Factory IN CHICAGO! Even before that I was always partial to Ludwig. In spite of that preference, I bought the slingerland set 40 years ago.