The newest diesel ratings are definitely for the latest "low emission"
engines, for your 20 or 30 year old diesels you are better off with the
traditional oils (which are getting harder to find, as most stores only
stock oil for cars made within the last 10 years or so since few people
keep a car longer than that).

Allan

--
1983 300D