Prior to my '85 300TD engine going south, I noticed that my tachometer (goes to
0 rpm) and AC compressor would shut off after some random period of time.  When
starting the car from cold, both the tach and AC work OK.  I recently had a
rebuilt motor installed and this tach & AC problem hasn't changed.  The Freon
Pressure Switch by the receiver/dryer is new and all the local connections
there have been cleaned and lubricated with conductive grease, and the AC
Overload Relay, located up under the dash on the far right side), has been
taken apart, the PC board resoldered and connections cleaned and lubed and I
still have the problem of the tach & AC shutting off.  Since the tach and AC
compressor are on different fuses, I don't think the problem rests there.  I'm
wondering if the problem may be heat related, as the tach & AC tend to shut off
5-15 min. after starting/running the car.  Any clues?  TIA.

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC