A support vehicle would be helpful and if you want  to pull it together, go for
it...but  I think it's overkill. For  example,. found the website of a lady who
drove 21,000 around the US  and to Deahorse in a Kia Sephia...found another one
of a guy who went  to Deadhorse in what looked like a Geo Metro - he arrived
12/13 -drove  the Dalton the whole way in the dark - only reflectors kept him
on the  road.

  So if these people can do it, like that, it seems a bus/support vehicle is
overkill.

  Now, watch my SD break a spring and be the only one that needs the services
of a "support vehicle"!

  Chris

redghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  I was thinking something more along the
lines of a city bus
reconfigured for arctic duty hauling, not holiday play.  No motorhome
plush, more of the space dedicated to storage and processing for
breakdowns and fuel/water support.  Have a welder/torch set up for
roadside repairs.  Maybe a defibrillator for those of us older than our
cars and in worse shape.  Base station for the radios and ability to
drag cars out of melting permafrost

On Wednesday, December 14, 2005, at 07:24 AM, Mitch Haley wrote:

> redghost wrote:
>>
>> That is where the support vehicle with onboard processing would be
>> handy.  Take the WVO and toss it into a settling/separating tank and a
>> few hours later be able to dispense workable fuel.  Take the real
>> waste
>> gunk and make bear cakes for feeding the scraps to grizzlies
>
> The VeggieVan (Winnebago LeSharo) has a biodiesel processing trailer
> that drags along behind it. If you can imagine a 240D motorhome towing
> a trailer full of oil and equipment, you've got the general idea. I
> believe the Renault 4 banger in the Winnie is about as strong as a
> 240D.

Clay
Seattle Bioburner

1972 220D - Gump
1995 E300D - Cleo
1987 300SDL - POS - DOA
The FSM would drive a Diesel Benz

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 210K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Yahoo! Shopping