I will bow to more experienced folks. I don't have a $2 oil sucker or a car that it would work on so I have not used one.

I have a $150 sucker that uses the air compressor to create a vaccum in a tank that is then used to withdraw oil but it is for the boat.

Would not have to worry about it as the compressor is not connected to it when it is working.

Randy