On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 19:37:53 -0400 Max Dillon <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> relng...@aol.com wrote:
>
> >> ...It does cost that much more, but it's a turbo diesel..
> >>
> >It is not a turbo-diesel and won't run on diesel.
> >
> >RLE
>
> Is it compression-ignition?

Yes. The magazine article I read said it was a diesel.

We are getting into semantics here. Just because it doesn't run on #2
diesel doesn't mean it's not a diesel. The LARGE container ships and oil
tankers have diesel engines that run on bunker oil. And that's diesel as
in the engine Herr Diesel invented (which he originally tried to run on
coal dust) as opposed to the engine Herr Otto invented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_cycle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_cycle

Craig