Got this from an old friend who has had a Volt for about a year:

"We still like the Volt very much. We get about 44 miles on a full charge, and rarely use all of the charge per day. We never buy gasoline unless we go on a trip and even then we get 45 mpg. A total charge costs us about one dollar in electricity. The cost of the car is about $33,000. after rebates which is in line with many cars out there and it has so many other features that Bob knows about that make it better than most cars that price. The plug in Prius is a comparable price I think."
My son has a 4000 lb Ford (Fusion?) Hybrid on which he got 37 mpg driving mostly at 85 mph from Nashville to Orlando. He gets about 43-45 mpg driving around town. The car now has 50K miles and he has had no repairs, troubles, or expenses other than a tire which picked up a screw. A dealer salesman said the hybrid electronics are from an older model Prius and leased from Toyota.

Gerry