By definition, a turbine is more economical than internal combustion due to
higher efficiency.  However, I doubt meeting emissions requirements is in the
cards.  Then there is the pavement melting exhaust temperatures and the noise.
In the sixties or seventies the Navy experimented with portable turbine powered
de-watering pumps, but they weren't too practical as emergency equipment to
combat flooding and extremely loud.  I think they could be started using only
human muscle.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC