Jim wrote:
> Easiest thing is to get a different appliance.  Second-easiest
> get a step-up transformer.

The grinder is made 110v also, so universal motor strap may be in place?
I dunno what the thing sounds like - blender or other, but it is
coffee grinder so prolly loud? - I have never seen one, but these
grinders get good reviews.
Here is a transformer at ebay that might work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer-110v-to-220v-/300790879355?pt=Heavy_Duty_Voltage_Converters&hash=item460888947b

Gotta dismantle swiss, put in italy, or find adapter?
It may handle 1/3hp?  Seems cheap like Black Hole?
These grinders are reputable quality, but 110v get good dollar here
under some names - one company makes them but numerous names rebadge
equipment.  Espresso grinders get as esoteric as... mercedes benz - to
the enthusiast, not that I am or can afford to be enthusiast, just
that I watch these things and wonder and know this is a reasonable,
friendly braintrust - thanks for all the info.  We rent so transformer
or 110v appliance are only reasonable option, I think.  Although, done
right, landlord is never here.  We replaced worn stove and oven this
summer - craigslist mismatch, but price was right, so we just do it.
The place is 1948 and really well done - we are mere paupers tryin' to
exist in high dollar neighborhood - but so are all of us DIY guys,
most likely.

Maybe I watch the transformer and then watch the grinders more.
Here is the grinder:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUICK-MILL-Macina-caffe-vintage-FUNZIONANTE-modernariato-beige-OMRE-/251164782718?pt=Modernariato&hash=item3a7a96707e

Anyone else do espresso, third-wave at home?
Guys are fanatic - see home-barista.com - not me, but I could love it,
at right price.
mao