Trnsformer ad says it's 500W, 2.3A; 'sounds like output amperage to me - 220V x 2.3A = 506W (efficiency unk). Grinder: 1/3 hp (an assumption?) 746W/3 = 249W. I think the trnsformer will handle grinder.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cathey" <j...@windwireless.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:32 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] (SPAM?) Re: OT - Converting euro 220v appliance to 120v

The grinder is made 110v also, so universal motor strap may be in  place?

Possibly, but high-volume (i.e. relatively low cost) consumer
products tend to be more optimized than that.

I dunno what the thing sounds like - blender or other, but it is
coffee grinder so prolly loud?

Every small coffee grinder I've ever seen, except a hand-cranked one,
is as loud as a political rally.  Universal motors are small and
powerful, but relatively short-lived and loud.  Relatively inexpensive,
too.

Here is a transformer at ebay that might work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer-110v-to-220v-/ 300790879355?pt=Heavy_Duty_Voltage_Converters&hash=item460888947b

Maybe.  Don't know if the 2.3A rating is at 110 or 220V.
Difference between 200+ and 400+ watts.  Your grinder
might need more than that, depending on its electrical
efficiency.

Here is the grinder

$87 shipping?  Not going to end up being all that attractive
a deal, I wouldn't think.

-- Jim