Here on the coast of the Lowcountry we got some much needed rain yesterday with a bit of breeze but not much. Tide was VERY high yesterday morning and this morning, a bit of surge due to the storm, and full moon time too. The dolphins were enjoying it in Capt Sams Inlet this morning so did not disturb them. I did not go over to the beach but someone said there was some good surf going. The cold front is on its way, quite breezy today and will be getting chilly the next few days and nights.

My son is in DC, and my niece and family -- my boy said he was going to fill the bathtub (you do this when a storm is coming!) and my niece stocked up on wine and cheese as the grocery was out of TP and other less-important staples. Track looks like it headed north a bit now from what it was yesterday. On my cycling adventure this morning I met a guy who said he was from Connecticut, must live on the shore or something as he said storms like that flood his house. Not sure why he is here, but he seemed both worried and glad not to be there.

--R