I have a huge iron punch of some sort I found in the remains of my great
grandfather's blacksmith shop. Its long, its heavy and combined with a 3#
hammer it took the races out no sweat.

-Curt

Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:30:31 -0400
From: Michael Canfield <slozuk...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wheel bearings...

I found a 1"x 8" hexagonal piece of brass bar stock that I use for bearing
races.  If I keep the end nice and square the points work very well for
getting into the relief in the hub and driving out the race.  I have
another similarly sized round piece for putting them back in.  Makes them a
breeze, front or rear.

Mike