I have had two pieces of 5/8" brass rod stock for years.  One is just
mushroomed on the end from being beaten, the other I grind to an edge for
knocking out bearing races and such.

Best tools I have in my box - you can put them on just about anything and go to
town without worrying about chipping or breaking things.

Dan