Some of you may remember the mystery coolant loss on my 240D and the harrowing
ride to the ChowdaQ last month. Last night coming home from the Red Green Wit
and Wisdom Tour (he signed my suspenders!) the car again tried to overheat,
which is to say we were in the 200F range with an accompanying coolant smell.

I checked this morning and the top tank was completely empty. Filled it back up
and started really giving the hairy eyeball everywhere. I'd noticed a small
seep out at the headgasket near the front of the engine some time ago but it
never seemed to get any worse. I've pretty much resigned myself to a headgasket.

Today just to be thorough I slid under the car and looked up, the bottom tank
is completely devoid of paint and covered in coolant. Well gee that looks like
the culprit right there! I'll call Q and order a replacement today.

Of course this couldn't happen at a worse time, the 190D is down for delivery
valve seals which have to be shipped in from Germany and haven't arrived yet,
its also a month over on inspection as I didn't want to try for a sticker with
it leaking fuel. Guess I'll give it a shot anyway, I'll tell the guy I just
replaced the filters. It doesn't leak much and it rained last night so drips
wouldn't be suspicious anyway.

-Curt