Correct me if I am wrong, but hydrolysis of seawater gives H+ And Cl- (leaving
behind NaOH ?)

As for extinguishing lithium fires, IIRC, a special graphite powder mixture is
needed to smother them.  Lithium reacts with water in a manner not inconsistent
with other Group I elements (Potassium, Sodium, etc), so most fire departments
can't mess with those fires.

Gives new meaning to carbecue.

--
John W Reames