50 years ago, while I was in B-52 training in CA, a friend and his wife were at our house one evening for dinner. Friend suddenly realized he had forgotten to swing past post office to mail a certain letter on the way over. He excused himself to rush to post office and back. When he came back a few minutes later, he related how he had met a CHP officer en route; friend had give the officer a friendly wave in native Okie manner. CHP car immediately made a U turn and came up behind friend with lights flashing. Friend pulled over, of course; as the officer approached, he asked friend, "Hey what's this waving you're doing? You trying to be some sort of wise guy?" Friend replied incredulously, "No, I was just saying, 'Hello,' like we do back home in Oklahoma." Officer replied something like this, "Well, we don't wave like that here in CA unless it's somebody trying to give another driver "the finger" or something like that. Just be careful, Buddy."

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 123 still looking good!

>I can still count on my fellow two wheelers to wave. Rice burner boys >are not prone to wave. I suspect their manhood is stunted and does not >allow hand movements while trying to keep balanced.

clay

In the years BTW, everyone waved. Even the state peetrol. Then it was trucks saluting trucks, motorsickles, saluting other riders, and MB owners saluting other MB owners. Then it got to be pretty much just trucks lifting a finger to other truckers, and BMW riders waving to other BMW riders.'

Now, with all the tinted glass, nobody waves.

I dislike tinted glass, and I really dislike the tint you can't see through. I want to see where the bozo in the car is looking to judge how much danger I am in.

now if anyone lifts a hand or a finger, it is the bird.