I have heard the wallymart straight talk is a good deal.  I just wonder
about service coverage.
He is mostly interested in unlimited text/data so he can use it for
internet access/entertainment as well as a communication device for calls
back home.  Limited calling minutes aren't much of an issue with Sprints
450 minute plan as cel to cel and after 7pm to 7am are unlimited.  That is
$69.99/month.  Everything else including roaming on other networks is also
included.
Is roaming included in the prepaids?  Do they have the same coverage as
contract phones?  I have been told that they don't and that in rural area
they don't work as well.  Is there any truth to that?

Thanks again, Mike