On 26/11/2012 7:06 PM, Dieselhead wrote:
I got it out. Used a different bolt. Yes, I have to take off the drain tube from under, and take out the lower bushing/nut for the oil supply tube for the turbo. Then wire the cam sprocket and pull the camshaft. Then headbolts, and then OFF with its head.

Should get done by 2-3. THen off to get some scrimps and goodies. Pick up SWMBO and #1D and head off to the beach for sunset and shrimp.

I plan to pack up the head and take it home to prep. seals and guides. Then put it back together next trip.

So, where are you and why are you doing this there??

Did I misss something along the way?

Randy

Car is 1000 miles away at #1 daughter's house.

I did an iron butt yesterday.  1050 miles in one day.

So it is your daughter's car. I do sort of recall something on those lines.

I used to do things like from here to Chicago in a day but not any more.

My elder son moved to Ottawa last summer and I would like to drive out there once but I think I will need a minimum of 3 days each way. It is roughly 1300 miles from Winnipeg. We went by air in September and that was easy. Something like 2 and 1/2 hours in the air sure beats 3 days in the car. And, of course, if you factor in the cost of fuel, meals, rooms etc, it probably did not cost any more than driving would have.

Randy