No, I will no doubt have to sue the builder for failure to post the proper warning signs too.

Randy

On 28/11/2012 12:06 PM, WILTON wrote:
But, is there a sign posted in clear view near the stairs that clearly states in English and, maybe, French pour votre amis Quebecois, that, "Negotiating stairs can be dangerous, use handrail, do not use stairs in stocking feet, do not run on stairs, etc.?" :<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ian Frazier Does It Again

BUT . . . .

Would you buy coffee from a place that did not keep it hot?

Do you not think that an adult knows or ought to know that hot coffee should not be spilled in one's lap?

Do you not think that when one does spill hot coffee in one's lap, that one should assume the fault unless one is bumped or in some other manner caused by someone else to spill the coffee?

Especially when it is in a drive through line. How is McD's supposed to prevent someone driving a car from spilling coffee once the cup is handed over? Do we put childproof caps on the cup so one cannot drink it in the car?

If the coffee is handed to one, and the person at the window says "don't worry, the coffee is not hot enough to hurt you if you spill it on your lap" is one not most likely to complain that one only drinks hot coffee???

The world is becoming a wierd place. No one wants to assume any fault at all for their own actions. Accidents are unfortunate and sometimes people get hurt but very often it is their own fault.

Should I sue the folks who built the stairs that I slipped on last week?

I have only lived in that house for 31 years.
I know those steps are narrower than I would like them to be and I need to be extra careful but I still managed to slip. Whose fault is that if not mine?

Randy who is probably not a very typical lawyer