Iirc McDonalds special orders their brewers with hot plate thermostats that are
20 degrees hotter than standard.

I'm surprised that Bunn was not dragged in as a defendant for manufacturing a
dangerous brewer...

I want to say that the plate thermostats are 190-195 on the McD units...

I defy anyone to drink it at that temperature.

I also seem to recall that it was cost driven, as they figured their special
brew would last longer at the higher temp than would otherwise be expected,
thereby saving money in not having to dump out the urns and brew fresh as often.

--
John W Reames
jream...@verizon.net