>From the research I did there appears to be some sort of a kit you can order
>from the stealership that has all the pieces required to fix it. Never had to
>do it with either of mine, so I can't speak from experience.

I did the fuel filter on my wagon today.  What  PITA.  Mainly because Ford uses
these rinky-dink weird plastic clips for the unions between the solid lines and
the fuel filter - sort of a hose clamp arrangement that doesn't require a clamp
in the sense that we are familiar with.

They are far from intuitive when it comes to figuring out how to release them.
Had I not watched a YouTube video of someone doing the work prior to trying it
myself I probably would have broken them.  The worst part is that Ford
positions a couple of the clips/clamps so they are turned away from the outside
of the car, so releasing them is a real bitch.

Thankfully I knew what it took and had a dental pick that is "U" shaped and
allowed me to get at the clip and release it without too much trouble.

It was still a pain in the ass.  I should have checked with the dealer on the
cost to do it.  Might have been easier to have them do it.

Dan