There are so darn many of the R107 that the amount of cash required to make
this one a viable driver is a multiple of the value of the car.

Though fewer SLC were made, the model is not desirable for a collector or
normal buyer.  They rot out and are not cared for because they are a lesser
version.  The rear seat is no more useful than the package shelf in the SL, so
not able to carry passengers.  Did I mention they rust out?  Bad

M117 is not the simple engine to work on the way a OM engine is.  Being a V
engine you have to double work to keep it running.  Dual head shop time, so
twice as much $$.   Mechanicals need to be sourced from a W116, which is more
valuable in good condition than the SLC.   You would still need to send the
engine out for work.

About the only way an SLC would have value in the condition this one is, would
to be the ultra rare 5.0 engine of 78-80.

There is so much inventory of actual running cars available, a dead one is
pretty much a parts car.  The K-jet parts will be useful in the 380 as well as
the 560, which are both better cars than the 1980 107.   Since the car is a
mess of 114/116 body parts and the newer SE engines are probably a better swap
in, bothering to keep this car "pure" renders this a worthless parts car.

clay