Very true.  A competent professional will use very little, if any, bondo or
filler.  In most cases they use it to simply clean up a line, not to build up a
damaged area.  If they are replacing metal, there should be no bondo on the new
metal.

I had the jack points rebuilt on my former 1979 300TD, and I saw the areas
where they cut to old metal away and relaxed it with new.,  It's an area with a
lot of layers and complex angles - it's easy to make the outside look nice, but
critical to get the inside parts done correctly while they are in there doing
the work.

Dan