On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I know somebody on here has some experience with Volvo diesels...

Not diesel, but I enjoyed my '92 940 - it was comfortable and easy to
repair.  Interior/exterior was pretty good, and mine had been rolled by the
PO!  With the 4-cylinder gas engine it had the performance of my '77 300D.
 Well, almost.

Actually the 940 was great preparation for driving older MBs, as it had a
tendency to lose power at random for a few months before the computer
stopped working.  I got used to driving with lots of room for turns.
 Probably should set one up for the kids in a few years. :)

The diesels had a relatively good reputation among Volvo drivers, but I
seem to recall reading here that they were similar to the BMW diesels of
the time.  No promise that recollection is correct.  This was back in the
days of usenet, if you can find an archive for alt.autos.volvo there is a
lot of good information.

Best,
-Tim