You want a torque angle gauge https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Torque+Angle+Gauge&hl=en&safe=off&client=ubuntu&hs=NK4&tbo=u&channel=fs&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=RuXcUJe6KY-6iAeFm4CwDA&ved=0CFYQrQQ&biw=1920&bih=909 Have you looked at the special tools required for the job? Sometimes MB will not show the tool in the instructions but lists part number and picture further down in the instructions. Generally MB job instructions are a little vague and assume basic mechanical knowledge and access to proper tools. The genuine factory instructions where never meat for shade tree mechanics. That's where the aftermarket manual makers come in.

Hendrik
who has genuine factory manuals

Those gauges presuppose that you have something to anchor the dial to. THe one with the flexible magnet is particularly suspect. How much can that flexible holder move and change the angle by 5-10ยบ?

I had a masonite gauge about 6" dia for timing the camshaft on OM621 engines by the book. To get within 1/2 degree, you really need somewhere around 6" dia to be reliable. those gauges look small, like 2-2/1/2" dia, so I'd guess they are + or - 2-3 degrees. I can do that well by lining up perpendicular to the head and ending parallel to the head. Over-reliance on flakey gauges by a parts changer is worse than what a reasonable mechanic with some common sense can do.

I have always read the factory manuals to figure out what they are trying to accomplish, then figure out some way to do the same thing without the (expensive) factory tools, but with tools I have or common tools I can use for something else.

Disselhead, who also has factry manuwells, but no angle gage.