From: dsn...@mtsqh.com
I get the feeling a lot of us on this list appreciate quality products
even if they cost more but last longer. Why else would so many hang on
to 10 or 20 year old Mercedes.  I wear dress shoes everyday and have
finally > discovered that more expensive shoes are worth it. But, with
leather soles they wear out. I just dropped off my favorite Cole Haan
shoes for soles and heels it was $65. That seems steep. But, they were
the most >expensive and most comfortable dress shoes I have ever had. I
went ahead and had them do it.

Anyone have other
suggestions for great well made dress shoes that are worth repairing and
keeping for years?  I want some Allen Edmonds, but I'm not willing to
pay $350 for them at least not yet!
http://www.gucci.com/us/category/m/men_s_shoes/oxfords___lace_ups

Gerry