Hey, we was on Important Gummint Bidness!

--R

On 1/16/13 10:59 AM, WILTON wrote:
So THAT'S why we were often running to the aircraft, starting engines, taxiing, etc., - for TOUR groups! Somewhat like watching the monkeys run to collect bananas at feeding time. ;<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fateful B-52 flight revealed plane's deadly weakness

I got a tour of a Looking Glass plane once at Offutt, while we were on board they initiated a connection with some general on board the Looking Glass plane orbiting the pole and they ran a drill to initiate a launch/go sequence for the planes up there. It was kinda scary. Then we got a tour of the command post there, where they ran a sim of an attack and counter-launch. It was in real-time and scared the sh*t out of me, it was totally Dr. Strangelove. Then we went out and toured the NEACP 747, or rather they just let us on board to poke around, and that was quite interesting. The sentries patrolling the perimeter were All Business about letting us through, it felt a bit intimidating to have a few scary assault weapons pointed my way. (oops, sorry for mentioning that aspect). A scary day on multiple fronts.

Oh, then later we went out to this huge VLF transmitter out in the middle of a cornfield in Nebraska, it was down for maintenance so we got to go inside the chamber that makes the radio waves (or however it works). That was pretty cool.

--R