No, the 300E is my oldest son's car.  It's doing well and just chugging along
without problems (knock on zebrano.)

And yes, he just walked away, so that's a good thing.

We have fog down here this time of year, and in some instances it makes the
roads slick, especially since it's the dry season.  You talk about "black ice"
up there, we have "black rain" down here - no rain this time of year, all of
the crud builds up on the roads and it only takes a light rain or dampness from
the fog to make the roads slick as ice.

Depending on what might turn up, I might end up driving whatever the new wheels
are and give him my 2004 Focus wagon.  Yeah, it's humbling as a kid to be
driving a wagon, but it's transportation.  He's not proud - he's pretty bummed
about his car and feels equally bad about what happened.  Of course, we tried
to impress upon him that the important thing is that no one got hurt - we can
replace the car.

Dan