On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Scott Ritchey <ritche...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> This is local for me.  In fact I considered going to that show but stayed
> home because my wife is still recovering from a hip replacement.

Hey, me too!  We should have a Triangle-Q some time.

I also thought about going, but not enough to actually, you know, drive
east. :)

> I have not found a more detailed description of events in the local media,

On the day, WRAL said the gun was being checked by the police at the gate;
reading between the lines from this version of the story I suspect the
owner was trying to take it out of the case while going through the line,
in anticipation of having to show it to the guard.  I've seen no indication
that a finger pulled the trigger, just that he was taking it out of the
case and it went off.  Plenty of negligence either way.

Best,
Tim
glad everyone came out okay