On 24/01/2013 11:00 AM, M G wrote:
OK my turn to go off talking about MBs.

My laptop crumped. It was an Asus G1 and has served well for a long time. I
have another newer laptop that I absolutely hate as it has win7 and will not
allow XP Pro to be installed. It is an HP G60-635DX and nowhere can I find any
drivers for XP or any instructions on how to go about doing the dirty deed.
Yes I know that linux of some flavor or another may be installable but I have
some older programs that require no later then XP in order to run. No I don't
want to run XP in a virtual machine under linux or win7 as that is to me just
too cumbersome.

My thought is to see if anyone knows of a laptop that I can look for that has
drivers for XP and will allow XP to be installed. I would prefer one that runs
at 2+ ghz, has all the normal plugin possibilities, and will take a 6 gig drive
or bigger. I don't need a huge screen and don't really like the keyboards that
have a numeric keypad added in the right of the normal keyboard as I don't use
it and it puts the keyboard off center and it feels wrong.

So there it is. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Manfred

How about upgrading the version of Win7 to Pro?
I have not done so, but I am told that the older programs can be run under Win7 if one has the correct version.

I would truly like to know if it is true, as there is one old program that I want to use too.

Randy