On 24/01/2013 6:22 PM, Brian Toscano wrote:
Randy,

I find it interesting that you voiced objection to the gun posts, but think
we should read your OT posts about electrical work and local Canadian
issues, such as Japanese senior citizens.  ust like RLE, all of your
messages now go straight to bit bucket.

Thanks,
Brian Toscano

I guess Brian will not get this response. Oh, well ...

My objection to the gun posts was really just a suggestion that it is a subject that may lead to a fair amount of anger etc. It is like politics, religion, abortion, gay rights etc. Better just left alone and not debated on a forum such as this. If you want to argue about things like that, then go find a forum where that is what they do.

People have very strong views and most people are not prepared to alter those views so it is a bit of a waste of time to spend a lot of time posting them no matter what side one is on.

I also fear that some will get angry and just leave the forum which would be unfortunate.

So, I am not opposed to OT posts. We learn a lot from what other people know.

I am opposed to OT posts on subjects that are pretty much hopeless and will never be resolved.

Randy