Wha? Having not done any research at all I'd assumed you'd be looking for
$5-10k...

I'd do $2k for sure!

-Curt

Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 20:43:15 -0600
From: OK Don <okd...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - pickem-up trucks

Update --

> Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
>
>> Cash buyer? You will get a better deal financing, that is where dealers
>> make money
>>

> Nothing to stop you from paying it off in a month or so.
>
> Or you can negotiate a financing deal then switch to cash after you have
> the price set.
>
> Mitch.

After harrassing/being harrassed at the Dodge, Chevy, GMC, and two Fords
dealers, we placed an order for an F150 this afternoon.  It's relatively
basic, with a few options due to advancing age, and the 5.0L V8. We expect
to drive the value out of this truck, and hope that it will be last car we
buy (unless I start "playing" with cars again someday). The "X Partner
Plan" from our EAA membership helped seal the deal with Ford - saved ~
$2000 based on that $50/year membership. Yes - Ford financing gets another
$1500 off the price, with a minimum financed of $10,000. You have to make
at least four payments, but the first one can be all but $1000 of the
balance. The next three will then be minimal, and carry very little
interest.

Haven't negotiated the trade-ins yet - the ML320 is still up for grabs. I
expect to get offered near the Edmunds trade-in value of $1760 for it. Any
offers higher than that?

--
OK Don
2001 ML320