Bank or loan originator.  Kick back to finance, because they expect to make
more in the interest.  Best way to purchase is to let them do paperwork for
financing, it loosens them up about dropping price.  You have very little cash
out of pocket that day, and you have 30 days to pay off in full before the loan
kicks in.

I tried to argue with the sales fellow about just taking my cash for a car in
the 90's.  He was adamant that I would get a better deal by financing.  Had his
manager explain that the bank pays them to sell financing.  Dealer could care
less if you pay it the next day, he sold the car, bank kicked back for getting
another sucker on the line, and you got another $500 off the price.

clay