I agree totally. However, my son is 24 and works as a mechanic in a shop that builds hot rods.

Randy

On 06/02/2013 4:50 PM, clay monroe wrote:
That depends on what you plan for the car.   Race it or some other plan
involving thrashing it to being worthless, then by all means.

Value for these cars is in being complete enough without making it into some
hoopty.  There are so many examples of the model that you change it up and it
loses resale.  Put a chebby into it and you can use it for racing or demolition
derby.

The same issue with the r107.  Bugger it up with a GM motor and it is worth
nothing more than parts.  Some poor fool has one on CL for the past year for
$12k.  This thing is not worth that as a complete benz, but with the engine,
nobody is even looking at it.

clay