I'll have to try the purple power stuff.

I went last week, and as soon as the underspray hit the alternator (only very
front of car in the wash), the electrical stuff went nuts until it dried.  I
have the new voltage regulator, but need to motivate myself to get under the
car when it's d***** cold out.

Jon