> ...My '83 240D was ordered and then picked up in Germany.  It has
> mechanical AC
> and heat, mechanical windows, stick shift transmission, and beige MBtex
> plastic upholstery.  Would this be a standard optional "package", or did
> the
> buyer specify each item, I wonder?..

The only extra cost item on this particular car is the AC.

A California uncle bought the same car for factory delivery and it was a
real stripper. No sunroof or rear speakers, windup windows. Possible the radio
was extra cost along with the manual AC.

But if you bought a 300D (I did) you got ACC (feeble), power windows,
sunroof, Auto trans (jerky as hell) and rear speakers, even. All built into the
price, I think.

RLE