I have a 3 ton Crapsman floor jack that was great until about 2-3 years ago
(it's probably 10 years old).

It doesn't leak externally, but it does leak down in a matter of a minute or
two if it's under load. It also takes a lot of effort and pumping to get it to
raise under a load.

I suspect it's leaking internally.

The sad part is that it hasn't been used all that much.

Dan