Try OBDII

Why would you expect to see anything with an OBD reader if the car is not putting out anything an OBD reader could understand? (Not being a smartass, just seems like the basic question)

Is there an adapter that might go to USB and something running on a laptop that could understand whatever the car is talking?

I built some little circuit thing to see the ALDL output from my 87 Chebbie truck on a laptop, and ran some software some guy in Sweden or somewhere wrote, it actually was kinda cool to see the various parameters but ultimately worthless for adjusting anything on the truck.

--R