>From what I have been able to discover, there are some signals present at the
>38 pin connector that can be read by the ODBII reader, but they are limited.

I have seen the LED readers that you can build to read the DTC codes from the
connector, but haven't had a chance to try one.

There is a possibility that my car has an ODBII connector, as MB was
transitioning to this during the 95 model year to be in full compliance by MY
96 when it was required.

Never looked for a connector since I thought the car was too old to have one.
I'll be checking for it this weekend.

Dan