Don't have to remove the steering wheel, there are screws at the base of the
stalk, but fishing the connector out and back in again is a pain.  Once you get
the multi-pin connector loose (underside of dash, remove kick panel), tie a
string or wire to it before you pull the stalk off and the wire bundle with
connector out, so that you have a prayer of getting it back in without taking
the dash out.

--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC