Until that day standing amongst them and crushing them underfoot, I didn't realize that blueberries grow so well in Greenland.

Wilton

I am sure Dan, Mitch and Randy know about ground growing blueberries.

My grandfather planted some blueberry bushes before he died, and my job was to keep the weeds out and dig in sulfur once or twice a year. After many years, I quit the sulfur. The bushes grew huge. At one point they were 9 feet tall. I would pick them by raking them into a coolwhip bowl standing up. Some were too tall to reach. They loved it once I quit trying to make the soil acid like their native soil. Then I went to N wisc in july or aug and was asked if I wanted to go pick blueberries. I said sure. When we got out of the car, I wondered where the blueberries were, but I followed along. soon everyone was bent over poking around near the ground. I could not believe the tiny bushes and tiny berries. But they do taste good.