On 3/7/2013 11:00 PM, Craig wrote:
I was looking for a rubber cover, but saw none.

No rubber cover, but there may be a small trim piece surrounding the stalk that you can gently pry off for a better look/access.

I'll have to take another look tomorrow when it's light.

Light, yes your going to need a flashlight for this. Even during the day I don't think your going to be able to see much due to it's location. And at dusk/night you'll be better able to see if your having any progress with the switch (if your by yourself).

You'll want to give the pivoting part a few quick squirts over/around the top with the nozzle attachment. Should trickle down where it needs to go. Operate the switch a few (10-15?) times to check it's function & respray as necessary. You may just get some brief flashes at first from the high beams, keep working at it & you'll eventually get to where they'll stay on when the switch is engaged.

I was so happy to have fixed the switch on the '94 E420 I had. Loved how much light the high beams combined with the fogs put out, big change from my '85 190D!

--
Chris J.