Geez Wilton, when you posted this I was just coming off the snow...

I got an early start yesterday, hit the snow at 8am (so as not to irritate my
friend's neighbors.
The Polaris I had been running lost spark on one side (guess I didn't get the
points clean enough) so I switched to my 1978 Arctic Cat Pantera which
blissfully has electronic ignition (although the controller for that did fail a
couple years ago).

http://i.imgur.com/s3PX2eh.jpg

The snow had formed a crust with powder underneath, it was interesting to ride
on but much better than Saturday, just had to keep moving or stop somewhere I'd
already ridden. I started by riding in circles so I could have somewhere to
stop if I needed. Then broke out to the trails. The transition from my friend's
woods to the trail was challenging. Theres a big drop into a ditch, I made it
through once each way with no problems but the second time I went out I got the
angle wrong and tried to slow down to steer, big mistake.
http://i.imgur.com/KA1uoE0.jpg
Fortunately getting out wasn't too tough and I managed to ride about 10 miles,
most of it following where somebody else had been with a 4 wheeler
http://i.imgur.com/DbAr3SX.jpg
In the pic the 4 wheeler had been fighting some particularly deep snow,
dragging the belly of the machine the whole time until he finally gave up and
turned back. I didn't want to chance anything as it was rapidly warming up so I
turned around too.

10 miles isn't much for a guy on a new machine on nice groomed trails but back
in the bush on these goat paths its a good ride.

-Curt