Randy Bennell wrote:

Another neighbor, 2 doors to the south of us also had a Renault about the same time but it was bigger. I don't recall what model. They did not keep it long either as the wife did not find it easy to drive in snow. Might have just been the tires or perhaps her driving skills but she kept looping it into snowbanks so they swapped it for a bigger Chrysler product. A Duster of something similar.

The two main models I remember are the R5/LeCar and the 18i.
Later they had the Alliance, sort of a cobranding thing with American Motors
IIRC.

The Duster of the 1980s was the Plymouth's version of the Charger, an Omni/Horizon based coupe. First it was Onmi 024 and Horizon TC3, then around 1983 the rearmost side windows were replaced with steel pillars and they were renamed Charger and Duster. The Charger/Duster went away around 1987, the Omni/Horizon 4dr hatchbacks lasted to 1990, when they redesigned the interior for airbags and then ceased production in February 1990. The Dodge Rampage and Plymouth Scamp were pickup versions of the Duster/Charger, sort of Rabbit pickups but better looking.

Mitch,