So today I got AAA to come tow the beast home. I went to meet the tow truck, and of course after waiting over an hour past the expected time ("within 45min") and calling AAA 3x, I finally got them to give me the towing company # so called them. The truck got waylaid for reasons unclear, so I left the key and then talked to the driver, he brought it to the house.

I had been thinking about this, went by Wed eve to see if I could get it sorted pulling fuses and relays and such. None of the fuses I pulled for the starter, ignition, whatever made the buzzing go away so that compounded the mystery.

Today I walked around again, and heard buzzing coming from a back wheel (????) which after pondering a bit I decided it was the ABS trying to do something. Pulled the ABS fuse, and sho nuff the buzzing went away, Started right up, was still running a bit rough but it evened out after a min. So it has to be some kind of ABS relay is stuck or a sensor is faulty causing the computer to try to engage it, but there is no fault code on the display, so that is another weird aspect. I guess there must be a solenoid or something on the wheel to modulate the braking? And the computer tells it to do its thing? That is what was buzzing I guess.

I will fool around with it more tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. I guess this might be better than a starter as that seems to still be working fine.

--R