For what its worth, the federal government government has been giving a
small amount of people "medical marijuana" since the 1970s for treatments
such as glaucoma. For some conditions, marijuana is the ONLY known
medication.  The program was "closed" (no new patients) during GHWB's
administration.

Meth  > heroin / prescription painkillers > what the government gives you
to get off heroin (methadone/suboxone) > cocaine >alcohol ..... is probably
the decreasing order of addiction and problems when it comes to drugs...
notice pot isn't even on the list....

Pot can make you lazy and an underachiever.  But some of the most brilliant
people in the world are stoners.  I'm not sure I'd want to see one
operating a meat slicer, but a computer, why not?

The "problem drugs" can lead to robbery and (domestic) assault charges,
dependencies  ... how many time have you ever hard of a stoner committing
domestic assault ?