On 26/03/2013 10:16 PM, Jim Cathey wrote:
Is there a way to remove the plastic from the chrome?

Dunno 'bout the USA lights, but on the Frankenheap's euros
the trim ring just lifts off when you remove the bottom screw.

-- Jim

Does not look as though it is intended to be removed.
It looks as though they set the plastic part inside the metal part and then used some source of heat to melt the plastic in spots that essentially forms little tabs that then overlap the metal. I think, I can use a dremel type tool and grind off enough of the plastic tab to let me remove the lens from the ring of metal. Then, I will either use some epoxy to add a bit back onto the tabs or else try to do what they originally did by heating up th end of a metal rod and using it to melt a new tab next to the original. I think I likely only need to do this to the two tabs located at the top of the unit.
We shall see how that works.

Randy